Terms & Conditions
Our Advice Service
We are here to help and can provide guidance, advice or even direct you
towards relevant information. If you have any queries relating to defibrillators for your home or business, please contact us on 0800 612 6304.
Although we will always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility for ensuring that you are adhering to relevant legislation and best practice remains with you.
Customer Service Policy
We believe that you have a right to be given clear and unmistakable pricing information. We display both, VAT exclusive and inclusive prices, where possible. Our shipping charges are clearly displayed on every page and shown in the shopping cart the moment a product is placed in it.
Clear product information and additional technical support
We will always attempt to describe products in plain English in a condensed format to help you choose and compare products easily. On top of this we display, wherever possible, all technical data sheets, manuals and certifications to allow you to fully research the products displayed by us. The Defib Pad staff are trained to advise you on technical issues and are happy to assist you over the phone or by email. We strive to reply within one working day. For more complex products, we have introduced interactive technical help guides, which will break down the complex purchasing decisions into easy chunks and will guide you through the purchasing process.
Single point of contact
No customer wants to be passed around from one telephone operator to the next, so here at The Defib Pad we assign a personal point of contact from the first contact that we have with you. From that point, your advisor will be there to answer all queries and support you through the buying process. Our sales staff are trained to deal with all aspects of customer service. They will advise about products, take orders, deal with any complaints without passing you on to other staff members. Should a staff member not know the answer to your question, they will find out for you and will ring you back. They can also speak with the manufacturer on your behalf and let you know their answers. Should you wish to speak to a manager, they will of course transfer you to the relevant manager to deal with your query. All our staff have their own telephone numbers, so that you can always ring them directly if you want to follow up any discussion.
We would like to understand what you think of us. We therefore send a customer survey to every internet customer and reward our customers for their effort of filling in the survey by drawing a gift voucher every month. We follow the replies up daily and contact you if there is a clear indication that we should provide assistance to you. Our management team also meets weekly to go through all feedbacks and to follow up any comments with general solutions and activities. We monitor repeat customer and referrals as measures of customer satisfaction.
Support during buying process
We have a very user friendly one-step checkout. Our customer care staff will ring you if there is any problem with your order, be it that payment failed or that your goods are delayed. At that point you can also request changes to the order. We offer multiple payment options, including most payment cards, PayPal and cheques. Any personal data you pass to us is protected very carefully.
If you change your mind
If you change your mind, we offer twice the legal requirement for the returns period without quibbling. See also our Returns Policy.
We will always try to do everything right first time. Sadly, errors can still happen. If we make an error, we promise that we will do our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We will discuss the possible solutions with you and then agree the corrective actions together. We will also keep a record about what has been agreed in our customer database so that we can always continue our discussion with you at a later date should the need arise. Please notify us of any complaints by e-mailing us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help you. Your complaint will be treated confidentially. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will advise you about the length of time it will take to resolve the complaint. We will also keep you informed throughout the process.
FREE Delivery on all Orders
We offer free delivery on all orders to any location in the UK. All orders containing a defibrillator will be shipped on a next working day service and orders for smaller items such as replacement pads and batteries will be shipped on an economy (2-3 working days) service. Special shipping upgrades are also available at an oncost.
- Goods that are ordered before 4:30pm will be dispatched the same day (on working days). Islands and remote locations, such as Northern Ireland, will usually NOT be delivered with a next day service. When you choose next day delivery during check-out for Islands and remote locations, the delivery method will be automatically changed by our system to courier (not next day) after entering the postcode.
- Economy service can take up to one week.
- Should we be out of stock of an item, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 612 6304.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
Payment and Security
We never store your payment card data on our own servers. All our web based credit/debit card transactions are handled by Stripe, the market leader in secure online transactions. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and has been awarded the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL) and card numbers are encrypted with AES-256, with keys stored on separate servers.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
Our payments already comply with Strong Customer Authentication, part of the 2019 second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) regulations in Europe. We continually monitor changes in the payment industry to ensure we are doing everything we can to safeguard our customer's payment data. This includes our GDPR and data protection compliance.
When paying with PayPal, your address details, including name, email and phone number, will be automatically sent to us and we will use these details both for security measures and to reduce the amount of steps required to fill in the checkout. You can choose your delivery address within the PayPal payment pages.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018). We are voluntarily registered as a data controller in the Information Commissioners data protection register with registration number Z9733716. Visit the register here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z9733716.
Identity and contact details
33 West Street
Data Protection Team
Data we process
Processing data can mean collecting, storing and using your data. We only do so to perform tasks you want us to perform. These include one or more of the following:
- Processing your orders, including delivery, servicing and installation, product recalls and warranties
- name, address, telephone number, email
- Sending you fire safety reminders you requested
- Offering product and after-sales support and returns
- Email, telephone, any supporting information such as address
- Maintaining your online fire safety logbook
- Processing job applications
- Any details shared in your CV, such as name, address, date of birth, etc.
- Newsletters (opt-in)
- Safelincs Customer Survey (opt-in)
- Email and product details
- TrustPilot (opt-in)
- Your public profile on our forum
- The details in your user profile
We do not store any payment data such as credit or debit card numbers on our servers. Instead, we use third party payment processors who have been vetted to meet the highest security standards.
To help prevent fraud and diagnose errors, your IP address may be recorded in our web logs.
We also process some data in a statistical manner through Google Analytics to understand how we can improve our web site for visitors and present products and information that is relevant and record visitors coming from adverts. IP addresses and referring URLs are used to achieve this.
We do not sell or share your data with any third parties. Some external companies are contracted by us to achieve tasks such as delivery and online payments and where we have to share customer information with them, this is covered by a Data Protection Contract.
We will only contact you to communicate with you about your order, product or service we offer or in any other situation you've specifically requested us to do so. We might also contact you if products you purchased from us or are serviced by us are due to be serviced again. We regard this as a step to keep you safe. Please let us know if you do not want to be reminded of service dates.
Most order information will be retained for 15 years. Because we deal with safety products and due to many items having extended warranty periods and the significance of possible safety recalls, we have come to the conclusion that it is in our customers' interests for us to securely store this data to be able to support them in the future. This data will not be used for any other purpose, including marketing, except where explicitly requested by you.
We do not record any telephone conversations, however, line managers will occasionally listen-in to conversations to help our staff improve their communication skills and level of service to you.
Cookies, also known as browser cookies or tracking cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.) when you visit a website. The cookies then send data back to the website or other websites that recognise the cookie.
Cookies have many different uses, such as remembering a user's preferences, allowing efficient navigation and generally improving the user's online experience. They also help companies to identify how many people visit their website, and how they found it. Cookies cannot identify you personally.
More information about cookies and how to manage them can be found at allaboutcookies.org.
The list below shows the cookies that are in use on our website, why we use them and how long they will stay active on your device.
||This cookie contains a unique ID which is used to determine unique visitors to our site. The cookie is updated each page view
||2 years from set/update
||This cookie is used to create and continue a user session and determines the amount of time a user is on our site
||30 minutes from set/update
||This cookie contains information about how users reached our site. i.e. referring link, direct traffic or website search etc.
||30 minutes from set/update
||This generic cookie allows us to create and maintain user's shopping carts and order information
||When the browser is closed or restarted
||This cookie is used if a customer logs into our site and allows us to identify their session
||24 days from set/update
||This cookie is set by Cloudflare, our security and content delivery provider, to help deliver pages fast and securely
||1 year from set/update
||This cookie is set by our load balancer to ensure you use the fastest possible web server in our cluster
||1 year from set/update
||This cookies is set after we first show our cookie tab on the web site so we don't bother you with it more than once
||30 days from set/update
||When you disabled cookies, we set this single cookie to tell our web site to not set any other cookies that may record personal information
||30 days from set/update
* these cookies will not be deleted when using the Remove Cookies feature as they are required for our web site to work
You can remove your cookies using the Remove Cookies feature, found in the footer of our web pages. This will stop features like adding products to the cart and logging in from working, however. You can enable cookies again by using the same settings in the footer.
The data we process belongs to you. We want you to understand your rights and what options you have. You can make a request to view, erase, modify or restrict processing of data we hold about you and, where there isn't a legal obligation stopping us from doing so and where the request is reasonable, we will process your request within 30 days at no charge.
Please send requests to email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to your local supervisory authority. Here in the UK we are governed by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
We take data security very seriously. We use web hosts with numerous ISO and PCI certifications, including ISO 27001 (information security management). All data transmission, both public facing and between our internal systems is done over a secure connection. Where technically feasible, we also encrypt all user data to industry standards or higher.
At Safelincs, we endeavor to surpass the minimum requirements for current data protection regulation compliance. We train our staff in data protection principles from the first day of employment and we perform impact assessments and record our activity on all personal data processing on our bespoke data protection management system.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy or data protection, please email the data protection team.
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). Email us or call us on 0800 612 6304 if you have not received the goods yet or if you are in possession of the goods and are running close to the end of the 30 days or send us the goods with the return slip filled in.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up and products must not have been installed. Defibrillation pads and all first aid products cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged.
- We will refund the sales price and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6304 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measureor to customer specification can not be returned and refunded.
- Important: Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details,
The Defib Pad
33 West Street
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging,
this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier.
You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is
made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure
to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in
Safelincs Free Extended Warranty
Safelincs offers its customers a free minimum 5 year warranty on essential fire safety products. Many of the extended warranties are exclusive and only available from Safelincs.
The products covered by the minimum 5 year warranty are:
- Phoenix fire safes
- Sentry fire safes
- Burton fire safes
- Portable fire extinguishers are covered by a minimum 5 year warranty, some models even have a 10 year warranty
- Smoke alarms (excluding FireAngel products) have a minimum warranty of 5 years, some even 10 years.
- Carbon monoxide alarms (excluding FireAngel products) have a warranty of at least 5 years (some even up to 10 years)
- Anti-arson letterboxes
- Emergency lighting
- Dorgard fire door retainers
- Geofire Agrippa fire door retainers
- Overhead fire door closers have a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire exit door hardware benefits from a 5 year warranty, some even have a 10 year warranty
- Fire extinguisher stands and cabinets
- Fire escape ladders
The above warranties are underwritten by Safelincs. Claims against the warranties need to be made through Safelincs. You do not have to fill in the manufacturer's warranty forms to qualify for our warranties.
Our free extended warranties do not restrict your statutory rights in any way.
Coverage and exclusions
Covered by our warranties are:
- Manufacturing defects
- Product defects resulting from manufacturer’s design errors
- Damages resulting from the incorrect handling of a product
- Defects due to a lack of maintenance
- Repairs or modifications carried out by the customer or third parties
- Defects caused by fire or smoke (please refer in such cases to our ‘free replacement after fire policy’)
- Installation in an unsuitable location
- Excluded is any consequential damage caused by the products or their malfunction
- We will not cover the cost of installation of replacement components supplied as replacements under this warranty
Special notes to product groups:
To be covered by our warranty fire extinguishers must be installed, serviced and periodically refilled in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions. Any replacement components fitted in the process of maintenance are not covered by our warranty. Accidental damage and misuse of the fire extinguishers are also not covered.
5 year warranty: The warranty extends 5 years from the date of purchase up to, but exclusive of, the first extended service due after 5 years.
10 year warranty: The warranty extends 10 years from the date of purchase up to, but excluding, the second extended service due after 10 years.
What happens if a customer discovers a product fault?
Claims against our warranties must be made through Safelincs.
- Please contact Safelincs with your invoice number and inform us about the defect. We will discuss the case with you and will agree on a solution for you. You might be asked to provide photos before we can establish the best way forward.
- We will either arrange free repair/free replacement for your product or request the return of your product for further analysis. This choice is at Safelincs’ discretion.
- Should Safelincs ask for a product back for further analysis or repair, we will arrange for the transport and the subsequent return.
- Should a product be returned to us without being defective, we will return the unit to the customer at cost.
The warranty still applies; the goods, however, must be sent to us at the customer's expense for repair or replacement and the return shipment must be paid for by the customer.