Terms & Conditions
We are here to help and can provide you with guidance or direct you towards relevant information. Although we will always endeavour to give you the best possible advice, the responsibility of ensuring that you are adhering to legislation, building regulations or best practice remains with you. Please note that any advice given by us is only based on the information you provided us with and applies within the framework of UK regulations and standards.
Our Reminder Service
There are regulations requiring the regular maintenance of some safety products and you are responsible for setting up maintenance programmes for these products once purchased from us. To help you manage your maintenance schedule, The Defib Pad offers a free reminder service and free defibrillator maintenance checklist. You are responsible to set these systems up correctly and follow their instructions. This service provision might be discontinued by The Defib Pad at any time without notification or the communication between our systems and yourself might become faulty. You are therefore responsible to monitor that you receive the reminder and support messages from The Defib Pad.
Installation of Products
Some fire safety products must be installed by competent installers. You are responsible to arrange competent installation where required by regulations. For example, all mains-powered electrical fire safety equipment must be installed by competent electricians.
The Defib Pad can offer the install of most of our fire safety products. Please select the relevant online offers or ask our support staff for the install to be booked in.
FREE Delivery on all Orders
We offer free delivery on all orders to any location in the UK. All orders containing a defibrillator will be shipped on a next working day service and orders for smaller items such as replacement pads and batteries will be shipped on an economy (2-3 working days) service. Special shipping upgrades are also available at an oncost.
- Goods that are ordered before 4:30pm will be dispatched the same day (on working days). Islands and remote locations, such as Northern Ireland, will usually NOT be delivered with a next day service. When you choose next day delivery during check-out for Islands and remote locations, the delivery method will be automatically changed by our system to courier (not next day) after entering the postcode.
- Economy service can take up to one week.
- Should we be out of stock of an item, we will inform you as soon as possible.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer compensation for deliveries that are delayed.
- Customers living in remote areas should note that some delivery/servicing/installation services may be affected, or not available. We will inform you as soon as possible of any potential problems. If you want to check before placing an order, please call us on 0800 612 6304.
- If a customer is not in when delivery is attempted, the delivery driver will leave a card with details of the local depot. Please note that if the parcel cannot be delivered after several days and has to be returned, we reserve the right to charge you a second delivery charge for re-delivery, should you still wish to receive the product.
We would ask you to please check the condition of your package before signing for the receipt of the goods. If you see damage on the outer packaging,
this must be noted on your copy of the delivery note and on the copy for the carrier.
You can refuse damaged parcels without signing for these.
If you find the transport damage after the carrier has left, please inform us instantly. If the claim is
made on the same day as the delivery, we will still accept liability. Failure
to note damage might affect replacement or refund from us for items damaged in
- You can cancel your order (or any part of it) for any reason before delivery or within 30 days from receipt of delivery (exceptions apply, see below). Email us or call us on 0800 612 6304 if you have not received the goods yet or if you are in possession of the goods and are running close to the end of the 30 days or send us the goods with the return slip filled in.
- Please pack the goods in their original packaging. The goods need to be in a re-sellable condition to be refunded. Electrical equipment must not have been powered up and products must not have been installed. Defibrillation pads and all first aid products cannot be returned if opened.
- If goods are not returned in original packaging or re-sellable condition we will reduce the refund value to reflect that the product will have to be sold as incomplete or damaged.
- We will refund the sales price and the initial postage and packing charges within 14 days of receiving the goods back from you. We do not charge a re-stocking fee.
- You need to return the goods to us at your cost within two weeks following your cancellation. Should the goods not be returned within these two weeks, we can offer to collect the goods and will then deduct the carrier charge of this return from your refund.
- If you do not require the ordered goods at the point of delivery and you refuse the delivery for this reason, we can deduct the cost for the return shipment from your refund.
- If you struggle to return large or heavy items, please contact us on 0800 612 6304 and we can offer collection of the goods. We will then deduct the cost for this collection from your refund. This service is only possible if the collection charges are less than the price paid by you for the product. Heavy items such as safes and collections from remote locations will have significant collection charges. Our staff will quote you a cost for collection based on your product and location.
- Products which are made to measureor to customer specification can not be returned and refunded.
- Important: Business orders placed with purchase orders are excluded from our returns procedure and are covered by statutory regulation.
Any returns within the UK should be sent, together with your original order details,
The Defib Pad
33 West Street
Cancellation of Call-outs & Training Course by Customer
Cancellations happen and we are happy to work with you to keep the impact for both you and The Defib Pad.
Servicing or Installation Appointments
If you let us know at least 48 hours in advance that you are not able to keep the planned appointment, we will re-arrange the appointment for you with no additional cost. However, if less than 48 hours’ notice is given or our engineers arrive on site as agreed and our customer is not in, we will charge customers a £40 call-out fee.
Training events require significant preparation and often include hotel stays for our trainers. We therefore will charge the full training course costs if a training event is cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice or if it is not attended.
We will always try to do everything right first time. Sadly, errors can still happen. If we make an error, we promise that we will do our best to rectify the situation as soon as possible. We will discuss the possible solutions with you and then agree the corrective actions together. We will also keep a record about what has been agreed in our customer database so that we can always continue our discussion with you at a later date should the need arise.
Please notify us of any complaints by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you. Your complaint will be treated confidentially. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and will advise you about the length of time it will take to resolve the complaint. We will also keep you informed throughout the process.
Payment and Security
We never store your payment card data on our own servers. All our web based credit/debit card transactions are handled by Stripe, the market leader in secure online transactions. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and has been awarded the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe forces HTTPS for all services using TLS (SSL) and card numbers are encrypted with AES-256, with keys stored on separate servers.
Shoppers are also protected from fraudulent use of their card in a "cardholder not present" environment by their card issuers. The card issuer provides the right for a shopper to dispute a transaction if the goods/services did not arrive or if the card was used fraudulently.
Our payments already comply with Strong Customer Authentication, part of the 2019 second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) regulations in Europe. We continually monitor changes in the payment industry to ensure we are doing everything we can to safeguard our customer's payment data. This includes our GDPR and data protection compliance.
When paying with PayPal, your address details, including name, email and phone number, will be automatically sent to us and we will use these details both for security measures and to reduce the amount of steps required to fill in the checkout. You can choose your delivery address within the PayPal payment pages.
If you should have any questions regarding security, please contact our team on email@example.com
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018) and the PECR. We are voluntarily registered as a data controller in the Information Commissioners data protection register with registration number Z9733716. Visit the register here: https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z9733716.
We charge UK VAT at 20% (VAT no GB827 6397 88).
Customers from the Channel Islands can ask for the VAT to be removed from the invoice total. Please ring our office to place your order, emphasising the Channel Island delivery location.
Last updated: 21/01/2022 (v1.9). Our articles are reviewed regularly. However, any changes made to standards or legislation following the review date will not have been considered. Please note that we provide abridged, easy-to-understand guidance. To make detailed decisions about your fire safety provisions, you might require further advice or need to consult the full standards and legislation.