Helping you to save on the time and cost of travelling, First Response Training offer first aid refresher courses that can take place at your own premises, on a time and date to suit you. Each course is suitable for a maximum of 12 delegates and is carried out by a qualified first aid trainer. First Response Training on-site courses are ideal for organisations where multiple persons require the same training.
- Training to take place at your own premises
- Designed for those looking for first aid requalification or to update their skills
- Available refresher courses include:
- Courses feature different levels of training and duration
- Maximum number of delegates per course: 12
- Provides delegates with hands-on experience and practice of first aid procedures
- Offers you the flexibility to arrange a date, time and location to suit you
- Completed and assessed by a qualified first aid trainer
- On-site training is available throughout mainland UK. Please note training is not available in Northern Ireland, Isles off the UK and in some Scottish Highland locations. If you are unsure, please contact our customer services team for more details
After you have placed your order you will be contacted by a dedicated member of staff to book your training, and to arrange a time, date and location to suit you.
For more information about each course, assessment level and duration please click on the links above.
Course Duration and Assessment
The First Aid Awareness course is carried out over a half day (3 hour) period. Trainees are assessed by continuous observation by the qualified first aid trainer. Successful candidates will receive a First Response Training certificate (valid for 3 years).
The First Response Training First Aid Awareness course is designed for those who wish to increase their knowledge of basic first aid skills but are not required (under health and safety regulations) to learn resuscitation or CPR techniques. The course includes the following learning objectives.
- List the stages of incident assessment
- Demonstrate adult resuscitation
- Explain and demonstrate adult choking procedures
- Demonstrate the management on an unconscious casualty
- Be able to control severe bleeding and treat for shock
- Describe the treatment for burns and scalds
- Explain how to work within the limits of their new skills
Course Duration and Assessment
The First Aid at Work Requalification course is carried out over a 2 day period. Trainees will be assessed by continuous observation by the qualified first aid trainer, followed by a final overall assessment at the end of day 2. Successful candidates will receive a First Response Training certificate (valid for 3 years).
The course is designed for those who have previously undergone First Aid at Work training and are required to renew their certificate. Delegates are able to update and refresh the knowledge and skills gained from previous training, also allowing revision time for the final assessment. The HSE recommends that requalification is completed within a month of the First Aid at Work certificate expiring.