Within a school environment, accidents and medical emergencies can happen at any time. The St John Ambulance Schools First Aid training provides participants with a good level of first aid knowledge and skills, focussed on situations common in schools. Ideal for teachers and other school support staff, successful participants will receive a St John Ambulance certificate which is valid for 3 years.
- Covers emergency situations common in the school environment
- Provides knowledge of first aid procedures for a range of incidents
- Suitable for teachers and other school ancillary staff
- Course duration: 1 day (6 hours)
- Takes place at one of over 240 dedicated training centres
- On successful completion candidates receive a St John Ambulance certificate, valid for 3 years
- Training centres are located throughout the UK. Courses within the London area have a higher charge. Please see our list of London area training centres
After you have placed your order, you will be provided with a unique reference code voucher, along with details on how to book the course at a suitable time, date and location.
Trainees will be assessed by continuous observation by the trainer.
The Schools First Aid course provides trainees with knowledge of the following topics and how to carry out the necessary first aid treatment.
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Allergic reaction
- Auto injector
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Head injuries
- Primary survey
- Resuscitation (all ages)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
This is the technical data for the St John Ambulance Scheduled Schools First Aid Training.
|Outside London - Mainland UK